Codestrek Privacy Statement
Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement explains the personal data Codestrek processes, how Codestrek processes it and for what purposes.
Codestrek offers a wide range of products, including server products used to help operate enterprises worldwide, devices you use in your home, software that students use at school, and services developers use to create and host what’s next. References to Codestrek products in this statement include Codestrek services, websites, apps, software, servers and devices.
Please read the product-specific details in this privacy statement, which provide additional relevant information. This statement applies to the interactions Codestrek has with you and the Codestrek products listed below, as well as other Codestrek products that display this statement.
Personal data we collect
Codestrek collects data from you, through our interactions with you and through our products. You provide some of this data directly, and we get some of it by collecting data about your interactions, use and experiences with our products. The data we collect depends on the context of your interactions with Codestrek and the choices that you make, including your privacy settings and the products and features that you use. We also obtain data about you from third parties.
If you represent an organisation, such as a business or educational institution, that utilises Enterprise and Developer Products from Codestrek, please see the Enterprise and developer products section of this privacy statement to learn how we process your data. If you are an end user of a Codestrek product or a Codestrek account provided by your organisation, please see the Products provided by your organisation and the Codestrek account sections for more information.
You have choices when it comes to the technology you use and the data you share. When we ask you to provide personal data, you can decline. Many of our products require some personal data to provide you with a service. If you choose not to provide data required to provide you with a product or feature, you cannot use that product or feature. Likewise, where we need to collect personal data by law or to enter into or carry out a contract with you, and you do not provide the data, we will not be able to enter into the contract; or if this relates to an existing product you’re using, we may have to suspend or cancel it. We will notify you if this is the case at the time. Where providing the data is optional, and you choose not to share personal data, features like personalisation that use such data will not work for you.
How we use personal data
Codestrek uses the data we collect to provide you with rich, interactive experiences. In particular, we use data to:
- Provide our products, which includes updating, securing and troubleshooting, as well as providing support. It also includes sharing data, when it is required to provide the service or carry out the transactions you request.
- Improve and develop our products.
- Personalise our products and make recommendations.
- Advertise and market to you, which includes sending promotional communications, targeting advertising and presenting you with relevant offers.
We also use the data to operate our business, which includes analysing our performance, meeting our legal obligations, developing our workforce and doing research.
In carrying out these purposes, we combine data we collect from different contexts (for example, from your use of two Codestrek products) or obtain from third parties to give you a more seamless, consistent and personalised experience, to make informed business decisions and for other legitimate purposes.
Our processing of personal data for these purposes includes both automated and manual (human) methods of processing. Our automated methods often are related to and supported by our manual methods. For example, our automated methods include artificial intelligence (AI), which we think of as a set of technologies that enable computers to perceive, learn, reason and assist in decision-making to solve problems in ways that are similar to what people do. To build, train and improve the accuracy of our automated methods of processing (including AI), we manually review some of the predictions and inferences produced by the automated methods against the underlying data from which the predictions and inferences were made. For example, we manually review short snippets of a small sampling of voice data we have taken steps to de-identify to improve our speech services, such as recognition and translation.
Reasons we share personal data
We share your personal data with your consent or to complete any transaction or provide any product you have requested or authorised. We also share data with Codestrek-controlled affiliates and subsidiaries; with vendors working on our behalf; when required by law or to respond to legal processes; to protect our customers; to protect lives; to maintain the security of our products; and to protect the rights and property of Codestrek and its customers.
How to access and control your personal data
You can also make choices about the collection and use of your data by Codestrek. You can control your personal data that Codestrek has obtained, and exercise your data protection rights, by contacting Codestrek or using various tools we provide. In some cases, your ability to access or control your personal data will be limited, as required or permitted by applicable law. How you can access or control your personal data will also depend on which products you use. For example, you can:
- Control the use of your data for interest-based advertising from Codestrek by visiting our opt-out page.
- Choose whether you wish to receive promotional emails, SMS messages, telephone calls and post/mail from Codestrek.
- Access and clear some of your data through the Codestrek privacy dashboard.
Not all personal data processed by Codestrek can be accessed or controlled via the tools above. If you want to access or control personal data processed by Codestrek that is not available via the tools above or directly through the Codestrek products you use, you can always contact Codestrek at the address in the How to contact us section or by using our web form.
We provide aggregate metrics about user requests to exercise their data protection rights via the Codestrek Privacy Report.
Cookies and similar technologies
We also use “web beacons” to help deliver cookies and gather usage and performance data. Our websites may include web beacons, cookies or similar technologies from third-party service providers.
Products provided by your organisation – notice to end users
If you use a Codestrek product provided by an organisation you are affiliated with, such as an employer or school, and you use your work or school account to access that Codestrek product, that organisation can:
- Control and administer your Codestrek product and product account, including controlling privacy-related settings of the product or product account.
- Access and process your data, including the interaction data, diagnostic data and the contents of your communications and files associated with your Codestrek product and product accounts.
If you lose access to your work or educational institution account (in event of change of employment, for example), you may lose access to products and the content associated with those products, including those you acquired on your own behalf, if you used your work or educational institution account to sign in to such products.
Many Codestrek products are intended for use by organisations, such as schools and businesses. Please see the Enterprise and developer products section of this privacy statement. If your organisation provides you with access to Codestrek products, your use of the Codestrek products is subject to your organisation’s policies, if any. You should direct your privacy inquiries, including any requests to exercise your data protection rights, to your organisation’s administrator. When you use social features in Codestrek products, other users in your network may see some of your activity. To learn more about the social features and other functionality, please review documentation or help content specific to the Codestrek product. Codestrek is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of our customers, which may differ from those set forth in this privacy statement.
When you use a Codestrek product provided by your organisation, Codestrek’s processing of your personal data in connection with that product is governed by a contract between Codestrek and your organisation. Codestrek processes your personal data to provide the product to your organisation and you, and for Codestrek’s legitimate business operations related to providing the product as described in the Enterprise and developer products section. As mentioned above, if you have questions about Codestrek’s processing of your personal data in connection with providing products to your organisation, please contact your organisation. If you have questions about Codestrek’s legitimate business operations in connection with providing products to your organisation, please contact Codestrek as described in the How to contact us section. For more information on our legitimate business operations, please see the Enterprise and developer products section.
For Codestrek products provided by your school, including Codestrek Dx, Codestrek will:
- not collect or use student personal data beyond that needed for authorised educational or school purposes;
- not sell or rent student personal data;
- not use or share student personal data for advertising or similar commercial purposes, such as behavioural targeting of advertisements to students;
- not build a personal profile of a student, other than for supporting authorised educational or school purposes or as authorised by the parent, guardian or student of appropriate age; and
- require that our vendors with whom student personal data is shared to deliver the educational service, if any, are obligated to implement these same commitments for student personal data.
There are three types of Codestrek account:
- When you create your own Codestrek account tied to your personal email address, we refer to that account as a personal Codestrek account.
- When you or your organisation (such as an employer or your school) create your Codestrek account tied to your email address provided by that organisation, we refer to that account as a work or school account.
- When you or your service provider (such as a cable or Internet service provider) create your Codestrek account tied to your email address with your service provider’s domain, we refer to that account as a third-party account.
If you sign in to a service offered by a third party with your Codestrek account, you will share with that third party the account data required by that service.
Other important privacy information
Below you will find additional privacy information, such as how we secure your data, where we process your data, and how long we retain your data. You can find more information on Codestrek and our commitment to protecting your privacy at Codestrek Privacy.
If any of the terms below are not defined in this Privacy Statement or the OST, they have the definitions below.
General. When a customer tries, purchases, uses or subscribes to Enterprise and Developer Products, or obtains support for or professional services with such products, Codestrek receives data from you and collects and generates data to provide the service (including improving, securing and updating the service), conduct our legitimate business operations and communicate with the customer. For example:
- When a customer engages with a Codestrek sales representative, we collect the customer’s name and contact data, along with information about the customer’s organisation, to support that engagement.
- When a customer interacts with a Codestrek support professional, we collect device and usage data or error reports to diagnose and resolve problems.
- When a customer pays for products, we collect contact and payment data to process the payment.
- When Codestrek sends communications to a customer, we use data to personalise the content of the communication.
- When a customer engages with Codestrek for professional services, we collect the name and contact data of the customer’s designated point of contact and use information provided by the customer to perform the services that the customer has requested.
The Enterprise and Developer Products enable you to purchase, subscribe to or use other products and online services from Codestrek or third parties with different privacy practices, and those other products and online services are governed by their respective privacy statements and policies.
Productivity and communications products
Productivity and communications products are applications, software and services you can use to create, store and share documents, as well as communicate with others.
Entertainment and related services
Entertainment and Related Services power rich experiences and enable you to access a variety of content, applications and games.